Monday 25 February 2013

FABruary Style Challenge - Stripes and Patterns


I am now on holiday for a week, making the Style Challenge even more challenging.  Today I have to wear stripes and  patterns.  Not so long ago the fashion pundits would have vetoed mixing more than one pattern, but times have changed. I have seen some great outfits combining stripes and other patterns in several fashion magazines and also on fashion blogs however, apart from a couple of floral summer skirts and several  striped tops, I don’t possess a lot of patterned clothes, especially when it comes to skirts and trousers.  Being petite I need to take care when wearing anything with a pattern anyway, especially one that is too large and/or too bold, which can overwhelm me. I am also cautious about floral patterns as I fear that they make me look matronly and old-fashioned. I know!  I'm over 60 so officially elderly, however does it mean that I have to dress that way?

This is where my collection of scarves comes in useful as many of them are patterned, so I tucked a couple in my suitcase.  Today’s outfit, posed on the balcony of our hotel in Albir, combines a striped top with a patterned scarf.  I am sure that the other bloggers taking part in this challenger will be able to produce a much more inspiring outfit, but hey! I’m on holiday!  This as good as it’s going to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment