Thursday 7 February 2013

Day 7 - FABruary Style Challenge

Today's challenge from Imogen is called "Red Lips".  If only I had thought about it in time - and if only I had a spare £245.00! - I could have sent for this Lulu Guinness clutch.  Don't you love it?

Alas, it was not to be.  I did vaguely think of doing something artistic, like painting red lips on an old white t-shirt, but I'm not really that artistic and it was my turn to make breakfast while John walked our dog Lisa, so I had to get a move on this morning.  Sadly the best I could come up with was me wearing red lipstick.  

First of all, a word of caution for fellow over 60s - bright red lips isn't the best look for women of a certain age.  Think "Ageing Femme Fatale" and you will get my drift. We don't want to look as if we're auditioning for a remake of "Whatever happened to Baby Jane?" do we?

The secret is to choose a red that flatters your colouring. If in doubt, it's worth looking at Imogen's post for guidance. Remember that if you don't look good wearing bright colours in general, bright red lipstick is highly unlikely to suit you. I have two red lipsticks: the first one is lighter and brighter and the second one is deeper and more opaque.  Which one do you prefer?

My 2 red lipsticks - which one to choose?

Lipstick 1
Lipstick 2
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment