Monday 6 January 2014

New Year Style Challenge

I know that I promised to tell you more about Janice of The Vivienne Files' great idea for helping you to sort out your wardrobe - do not fear, I will be posting again later today! - but I wanted to give you all the opportunity to take part in a New Year Style Challenge.

This is a challenge that my younger readers can take part in too - so long as you are over 40 - so no excuses.


The good news is that Sylvia is generously offering some prizes, so I am hoping that I may win my first prize of the year! You are encouraged to use Pinterest to help you to develop your style, though it isn't compulsory, and Sylvia explains how to do so on her blog. If you would like to check out my Pinterest board to give you some idea of what it's all about, just click here.

Sylvia's style assignment for day 1 is to answer the following question: how happy are you with your current style and why?

In my case I now love most of the clothes in my wardrobe, but that is only after blogging for about 18 months and, in the course of doing so, starting to think about my style. This was an early post of mine describing my wardrobe, which just about summed up my style at the time: my schizophrenic wardrobe. I do feel my style is developing in the right direction, but I still have some way to go. I'd probably give myself 6/10 now, whereas before it was more like 1/10.

Today's outfit is one that surprised me.  I'd seen lots of photos of peplum tops but didn't think it was a trend that would suit me. I tried this Hobbs top on out of curiosity: partly because I was looking for a navy top and partly because it was in the sale. It is now one of my favourite pieces, so the moral of the story is to try on different clothes and you too may surprise yourself.

Two trends in one: peplum top and coloured jeans!



No comments:

Post a Comment