Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Year Style Challenge: 10 pieces, 1 week of style

This mini challenge within the New Year Style Challenge is timely, as I will be flying to London a week on Saturday. The idea is to select ten items of clothing, including shoes, to create interesting outfits for the next week. Although most of the tops shown below are colourful, the trousers, shoes and shoulder bag that I will be taking are all neutral.




A couple of these tops are fairly basic, however I will pack some chunky necklaces and scarves, which will help to add some interest. The silver grey cascade cardigan will be worn with my blue three-quarter sleeved top and also with the pink short-sleeved top,

The trousers shown above are charcoal grey and the shoes are navy blue.  I now have to confess that, although these are my clothes for the week, I will also have the outfit that I plan to travel in, giving me my favourite navy denims and a pair of grey boots to add to the mix. I will check the weather forecast before I pack: if it shows cold weather in the UK, I will wear a thicker cardigan under my winter coat as well as warm gloves and a scarf.

As you can see my travel capsule is a casual one, which is consistent with my personal style of casual chic.  I would like to think I am going to look chic too - no doubt my daughters will give me their verdict on that!




4 comments:

  1. Great travel selections! Enjoy your trip and may the weather be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juhli. I've deliberately included some of my favourite bright colours to cheer me up if the weather is bad!

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I'm working on my capsule, but with a week's work conference in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I think a capsule is particularly helpful if you are going away for work, as it helps you ring the changes and look good without having to take half your wardrobe with you!

      Delete