Wednesday 23 July 2014

Creating from scratch - The Peacemaker

Although this post is about creating a basic wardrobe from scratch for the Peacemakers (Earth types in Feng Shui Fashion), the guidelines are the same for all of us.  Start with a few key pieces in your best neutrals and make sure that your tops will go with most of your skirts and trousers to create a truly versatile wardrobe. You can add some contrast with your accessories if you wish, though they should also go well with your outfits.

In my original post describing the Peacemaker, I chose several garments on Polyvore  in the golden and brown shades that look so good on Earth types.  If you click on the link above it will take you to the Polyvore site where I created the set and where you will find details of all the items.

I have created the following set as a guide to creating a wardrobe from scratch for Peacemakers. You may already have similar pieces in your existing wardrobe in which case you can include them, ensuring that any new purchases go well with them. Click on this link to Polyvore for more information on the individual items.


I decided to include a dress this time as a change, however if you don't like dresses you can replace it with another skirt or pair of trousers.  This capsule will give you enough combinations to wear a different outfit every day of the month, which is the main advantage of creating a capsule wardrobe. Choosing the right colours and the right shapes are an essential part of the process. Peacemakers are usually apple shaped and look their best in boxy shapes, with textured fabrics and classic styles. They should avoid overly long skirts and narrow silhouettes and look better with shorter skirts and softly tailored trousers. Monochrome outfits are good for Earth types in varying shades of brown and gold to match their colouring.

I have thrown in a pale green scarf to break the monotony in case you don't want to stick to various shades of brown, though I suspect that most Earth types would be happy without it.  If you work in a formal office environment you may be worried that you won't be taken seriously unless you wear black, however dark brown can look just as professional and you will have the added confidence that what you are wearing is more flattering and reflects your style personality.

You might want to take another look at my original post on Peacemakers: Fashion Feng Shui: the Peacemaker for more ideas. Finally, I would love all you Peacemakers out there to leave your comments or questions on this post.  Please don't worry about being critical - I promise that I won't be offended!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sue. I am currently in my black work trousers and natural coloured top... pretty safe stuff. Now I know why I don't feel comfy in my skinny legged jeans... I need something a bit wider legged...lots ti think about but have a platform to start from. I also think it's time to take a friend with me who is not so set on pushing my fashion boundaries and will be 100% comfortable in telling me something doesn't suit me.

    I'll let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete