Friday 29 May 2020

Rainbow outfits



During lockdown keeping in touch with family and friends becomes particularly important, especially if you are living on your own. I'm lucky enough to have my little Spanish dog Lisa for company, but I've still been missing chatting with other humans on a regular basis. Thank goodness for social media and video calls with family and friends!

One friend in a Facebook group suggested that we had a rainbow challenge. Each day of the week we wore an outfit in a different colour, including pink (not my best colour!) It was a fun exercise and helped to alleviate any feelings of lockdown boredom that we might have been suffering from. 

Feeling blue!
Contrasting lime and khaki greens


Oranges, but no lemons
My zigzag bag lifted the purple outfit


Stripes and red - 2 of my favourites
Mellow yellow


This hot pink suits me more than cool pinks
The final challenge was to create a rainbow outfit, with as many different colours as possible. My hero cardigan and this colourful spider-bag helped me rise to this challenge.


What I found interesting was the reaction of my friends to the colours that I was wearing. They all loved me in purple, which to be honest isn't a colour that I wear very often, and also turquoise, which definitely is one of my favourites. Coral and orange also had several mentions, whereas red only had one vote! I think the proportions of my red outfit weren't particularly flattering, which may have influenced the lack of votes. What do you think are my best colours? Why not try this challenge yourself while you are under lockdown - it definitely will help to brighten your day!


3 comments:

  1. My favorite is orange, followed py purple. What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have a fair bit of orange in my wardrobe, but it sounds as if I need to look for more purple. Yes, it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Great idea. Ihear Spain is having another uptick--stay well!

    ReplyDelete