Sunday 14 February 2021

Happy Valentine's Day!



No doubt many of you are celebrating today with your beloved, whilst some of us sadly have nobody to celebrate with. My husband John would always bring me breakfast in bed on Valentine's Day, complete with a bucks fizz (orange juice with sparkling wine, which was usually cava) however I haven't managed to train my dog Lisa to spoil me in this way! That being the case, I decided to spoil myself this weekend and I hope that you are all able to do the same, whether or not you have a partner to share the day with.

I was going to buy myself some fresh flowers, but when I went to the indoor market on Saturday morning, the usual florist wasn't there. I suspect that they would have been there earlier in the day and had already sold out - can't think why! Instead, I stopped in a shop on the way home and bought myself a lovely plant, which was probably more environmentally friendly anyway.

I also treated myself to a few beauty products so that I could pamper myself this weekend, which I started doing last night when I relaxed in a bubble bath. I'm going to continue this evening with a pedicure, however that might not be so relaxing as I struggle to cut my nails - I really miss going to my podiatrist! 

No doubt you've already guessed that I bought myself some cava and so I had my bucks fizz at lunchtime. I also bought some macarons to have as dessert with dinner tonight, as they're favourites of mine, so they're part of pampering myself over the weekend. I decided to have my main meal at lunchtime today so I can have a relaxing evening, especially as I'm going to be speaking to my daughters in a Zoom call later on. We may be in lockdown, but I'm grateful for being able to speak to family and friends online.

I have only seen a couple of neighbours and fellow dog walkers when I've been out walking, however I made sure to dress up a little, wearing a red silk blouse with my jeans and a pair of comfortable (but smarter than trainers) boots when I left the house. As it was fairly warm today I wore my short red trench-coat over today's outfit, as it always makes me feel more cheerful, and it also gave me a boost to be wearing smarter clothes. In case you haven't guessed, red is one of my favourite colours. Did I mention that I'm wearing red lipstick too?

What about you? I hope that you are being spoilt today however if not, then please spoil yourself. Even if you are reading this after the event, it's never too late to be kind to yourself. Go on - you know that you deserve it!

 


4 comments:

  1. Glad to be seeing your posts again and that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juhli, lovely to hear from you! I hope that you're doing well too. Now working on my next blog post - watch this space!

      Delete