Wednesday 20 January 2021

New Year. New beginnings. New hope.

2020 was a year that none of us will forget, although sadly it was a year that many people would like to forget, for obvious reasons. I'm fortunate in having a few happy memories of 2020, such as being able to spend some time with my family in London in August and meet my new granddaughter Edie in real life, after only seeing her in Zoom calls . I hope that you also have some happy memories.

We have already started a new year, which I believe should be a year of hope after everything we have experienced recently. I am hoping that we will receive our vaccines sooner rather than later and eventually return to a "normal" life. I am also hoping that I will then be able to travel again and ideally be in London to celebrate Edie's first birthday. 

I must admit that I have given up on New Year's Resolutions, though I do think a new year is a good opportunity to start new challenges. I have missed writing my blog posts, but it never seemed to be the right time to do so. This is the beginning of my new determination to continue with my blog, so please suggest any topics that you would like me to write about. 

I joined a new gym last year, where I've been going to Tai Chi, Yoga and Zumba classes - all with health and safety measures in place. I will continue going whenever possible as I believe these classes help me mentally as well as physically. I have also started experimenting more in the kitchen during lockdown and have become a fan of Dr Rupy Aujla's healthy eating recipes, which you can find on The Doctor's Kitchen website. Trust me, as well as being healthy, his recipes are absolutely delicious!

I'm also beginning to declutter my home, which will include every room and not just the contents of my overflowing wardrobe. I will be following the principles of Project 333, which I first heard about on one of my favourite blogs The Vivienne Files. I've just bought Courtney's new book about Project 333, so that will help to motivate me. For those of you who don't know, the idea behind Project 333 is to limit your wardrobe to 33 pieces of clothing to last you for the following 3 months. 

My final hope is that 2021 proves to be a happy and healthy year for all of us. 



6 comments:

  1. I looked at The Doctor’s Kitchen site ~ very interesting food but living in Spain, as I do as well, where do you find the more unusual ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Jennifer! Whereabouts in Spain do you live? I find that South American shops often stock different ingredients and also Aldi has different weeks from time to time (German week, Italian, Chinese etc). When they have ingredients that they don't normally stock, I check the dates and then stockpile them! I'm also used to substituting ingredients in recipes to suit my own tastes - I don't like tomatoes so often use red peppers instead with maybe a touch of tomato purée.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've discovered another website that has healthy and also delicious recipes: https://www.theawesomegreen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing well, Sue.
    I can't wait for my turn for a vaccine but looks like it will be a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Robin. It looks as if it will be a while before I get my vaccine too - and goodness knows when I'll be able to travel again! Take care.

      Delete
  5. I am very happy with your blog because I have read your entire blog. Your blog is very interesting .. Your style is also very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete