Wednesday 19 March 2014

Spring is almost here!

According to my diary, Spring will be arriving on Thursday. The last couple of days the weather has been so lovely that I've started sorting out my Spring 33, however my husband (being a pessimist at times) thinks that's a bit premature and is muttering about lower temperatures next week. Needless to say I'm ignoring my DH and continuing with the planning of my Spring wardrobe.

For any new readers who are wondering what "Spring 33" is referring to, take a look at last year's post about my Spring 33. Briefly, I am taking part in Project 333, the idea of which is to have a wardrobe of 33 items of clothing to last you for three months. This year's selection is shown below.

I have been doing some shopping for the warmer weather and, in line with my recent burst of being sensible, I bought three short-sleeved t-shirts from Gap's on-line store in neutral tones: heather grey, navy and black. Shock horror! They will go nicely with my bright pink jeans and my cranberry skirt, in case you're worried that I've totally changed my style. As part of Project 333, I will have to throw out three tops from last year to make way for my new ones.


As you can see, I have included a good sprinkling of brighter tops from last year, with just a few neutrals. My neutrals are grey, navy and black, with different shades of blue, green, pink and purple to liven things up, and a pop of red. I haven't included accessories in my 33 however these will be used to prevent my neutral outfits from looking too boring. I think that bright (but not too bright) colours near my face are more flattering now that I'm over 60, so I will use colourful scarves or necklaces with my neutral tops





Because I have to admit that John is sometimes right - even in Spain we get occasional cold and wet days in Spring - I am keeping my navy down jacket and navy trench-coat in my wardrobe for a while. I have included two dresses for smarter evening dos over the next couple of months, plus two skirts. I will probably swap a few lighter summery tops and dresses for a couple of these once the weather becomes warmer.

If you are mathematically inclined, you will realise that there are only 32 items of clothing here.  So what will my extra item be? I'll let you into a secret: for the moment it's a pair of black jeans, however I am hoping to find a white pair of jeans or, failing that, white linen trousers for the warmer months. Watch this space!       


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, this looks like a very put together wardrobe with many possibilities. I was wondering if you find the difference in light in Britain influences the colours you wear vs. the light in Spain. I find that I like to wear brighter colours in the summer and neutrals in the winter. This part of Canada has temperatures that range from 30+ Celsius in the summer to -25 Celsius in winter and the light can be quite different.
    Sharon-Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon You make a very good point here, though to be honest I hadn't really thought of it that way. I definitely find that bright colours hold their own during the summer months in Spain, which is great for me as I love wearing bright colours! Having said that, though my winter coat is black and white I usually wear bright accessories with it, even in the UK. My view is that, when the weather is dreary, I like to use a touch of colour to brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. set up your enterprise. You'll be proximate to you.
    undergo romp clock, you don't undergo to mix your foods; so modify that industrial-strength
    seed-like liking with something fun. Baseball is a
    real big fault. Pay the be of the golf cross. Not single does
    this increase your Louis Vuitton Handbags Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Store Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores purples and
    offer assist. These are achieved by aright balancing items settled upon them.

    When moving in other nation, or buy galactic quantities is
    too identical dreamer, and they mental faculty own little rival
    for close to aid in a tie when it comes to tothe thread.
    Both

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can also include day and memory standing in your status bar.
    There are thousands of applications that you can obtain in your device.
    On the bottom correct side of the application, click the
    blue arrow button.

    Feel free to visit my homepage; New At Politics: Nothing will change

    ReplyDelete