Tuesday 7 January 2020

New Year. New Decade. New Me!

Happy New Year to all my readers!



The new year tends to be a time for resolutions: going on diets, starting a new fitness regime, giving up alcohol and so on. I've done this in the past, with varying degrees of success, but as an over 60 woman I now think that the only resolution worth making is to enjoy every day and appreciate everything that I have in my life, especially my wonderful friends and family.

The flowers in the photo above are one of my new guilty pleasures. Looking at them makes me happy, so now I buy fresh flowers nearly every week. I also have plants in the house and on my balcony, though I don't have green fingers so occasionally I need to replace them!

I have a fitness regime which isn't difficult to stick to, as I go to dance exercise classes, Zumba and Pilates, all of which I enjoy so it's no hardship. I also have a small Spanish dog who needs regular walks, so that helps keep me fit too.

Going on diets and giving up alcohol aren't on my list of things to do in January. I do try to eat healthily, but do so by choosing food that I find tasty so I enjoy what I'm eating. I gave up meat many years ago, and for a long while I was a vegetarian, although I now occasionally eat fish again. Living in Spain is ideal for me, as I like eating a wide variety of foods in small quantities aka tapas! I also enjoy drinking wine with my main meal and another regular treat for me is a glass of cava in the evening, although I try to have "dry" days too.

Music is another love of mine. When I was in London for Christmas and New Year, my youngest daughter treated me to a concert in the Barbican Hall: The Four Seasons by Candlelight. What an amazing experience that was! Now I'm back home I plan to go to many concerts in my local theatre, but I will also take advantage of Youtube and listen to my favourite music while writing blog posts.

That brings me to another favourite thing - writing. I admit that I've not written many posts over the last couple of years, but we've not only entered a new year but also we've started a new decade. Time I think for at least one resolution: make the 2020s a new era for my writing and blog on a more regular basis.

Finally, I read a post on Facebook today (I know - such a sad person!😍) that said at 8.20 and 20 seconds tonight, it will be 20.20:20 2020, so I'm about to publish this post at that exact time!

9 comments:

  1. Well I've just spotted that Sue in Spain posted this at 11.20. It's obviously 11.20 somewhere in the world, but I can assure you that it was 20.20 where I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy and healthy new decade to you too, Sue! Couldn’t agree more with you regarding appreciating and enjoying what we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caryll. I will be posting soon about the latest style challenge that I'm taking part in, and what I'm trying to do is make the most of the clothes I already have in my wardrobe. If I had more willpower I might have considered a ban on buying new clothes this year!

      Delete
  3. Sue,I just joined up with you. It sounds like we are on the same path -- not overhauling our lives but tuning them up. Lets do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,thanks for joining in and leaving a comment. Let's make this the best decade ever!

      Delete
  4. Robin, good to hear from you. Yes, here's to a great 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed this, Sue. Glad you posted in the Style Club. Another side to your creative self! I also read the last piece you wrote. I will explore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. Good to see you here. If you have any ideas for future posts, please let me know!

      Delete