Monday 2 July 2018

Planning a holiday wardrobe

When you're going through hard times it's good to have something special to look forward to, to help you feel more positive. What could be more special than the wedding of my dear friends Callie and Emilio in Florence, Italy? 💕I'm flying to Italy on Friday 6 July, so it's time to plan my holiday wardrobe.

If you're going abroad for a wedding too, or planning your summer holiday in a hot climate, no doubt like me you are wondering what to pack. There are plenty of blog posts to inspire you, however I've found that many of them are talking about beach holidays and packing lots of swimwear. I'll be in Rome as well as Florence, so I don't think swimwear will be appropriate, do you? 😎

I also hope to fit in some sight-seeing, which may include visiting churches, so I need to have suitable clothes for these activities as well as the actual wedding. Apart from the wedding outfit, my holiday wardrobe will be casual, comfortable and hopefully chic! I am looking at mostly natural fibres, with linen trousers (yes, I know they will crease!), cotton tops and a few mixed fibre items. As usual, I will decide on a colour palette that should let me mix and match my clothes to create different outfits.

This blue and white top is so light and cool that it's a must for my holiday wardrobe! I am
also taking the two pairs of linen trousers shown: the slightly cropped dark grey ones in the middle and the full.length navy ones on the right. As you have no doubt guessed, my neutrals will be
navy and grey.

 Tianna Linen Crop Trouser


Here are the tops that I plan to take, which will add a touch of colour. I am also going to pack the turquoise and striped dresses shown on the bottom row.



No prizes for guessing my favourite accent colours: turquoise, orange and red. I will pack my navy and coral Decathlon shoes for walking, as they are so comfortable, plus two pairs of ballerina shoes for a slightly smarter look in the evenings.

I love Decathlon's ballerina pumps for walking!

Orange ballerinas. I'll take red ones too.

I am adding colour with accessories too. A totally neutral outfit isn't my best look and I need contrast in my outfits. I will also include a wrap and/or lightweight scarf to cover my shoulders if I enter any churches when sightseeing.

How about you? Are you planning a holiday in a hot climate and, if so, any tips to share?

PS I hope to have a photo of my wedding outfit to share with you on my return.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely time Sue and you certainly will look great. Thinking about you and sending hugs as you adjust to your "new normal" and find you way through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ll look lovely, Sue. Thinking of you, too and look forward to seeing your wedding outfit.
    Caryll

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you post again. Your travel wardrobe looks so comfortable. I wore a linen skirt on my vacation. I decided to just accept that it would look wrinkled. Twice when I got a spot on it, I hand washed just that area, hung it to dry, and wore it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check in on your blog every couple of months, so I just now read about your husband. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated thanks to you all for your lovely comments. For some reason I'm not getting alerts anymore when people comment, so I've just spotted these now when going back over older posts!

    ReplyDelete