Thursday 12 October 2017

30 day challenge - colour palette

I decided that my colour palette for this challenge should be based on a) colours that I've been told flatter me (always a good starting point!) and b) colours that I already have in my wardrobe. What do you think of the colours shown below?

In case of any doubt (the tool I was using didn't have the exact colours I needed), the neutrals are navy, camel and brown whilst my accent colours are turquoise, coral and red. These are the colours for the main items in my capsule, which I included in my previous post, though I'm not excluding other colours for my accessories, especially as I have such a colourful wardrobe! The bright blue bag in the photos is a good example of this.

I have now completed the first seven days of the challenge, posting my daily outfits on the facebook group. I decided to create a collage, so that you can see all seven outfits below.


I do have a slight dilemma, as the weather here in Spain is still very warm and there are several thicker long-sleeved tops in the capsule that I chose. I may need to swap some of them for other lighter tops, unless I repeat the tops shown above. I will be using my long-sleeved tops though later in the challenge, as I'm travelling to London on 20 October for a few days and it's going to be cooler in the UK than here in Spain.

Looking at my first week's outfits, I think the most flattering colours on me are red and turquoise. Coral suits me, but the third top from the left is a stronger shade of orange. The floral top is softer so perhaps a better choice. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun challenge. I agree with your assessment of the orange top. Nice shoe wardrobe too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, my favourites are #2 for a casual look and #7 for a dressier look. I probably would like #1 as well but the lighting seems darker in the picture. The turquoise is a good balance for your colouring. In the three in the middle the colours seem to be wearing you which is strange as the red is also bright but one of your best colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waoo these colours are amazing & also shose collection looks pretty.
    https://wpthemesfree.website wp theme

    ReplyDelete