Saturday 5 August 2017

Adding to my 30 piece capsule

These are the final 12 items in my capsule wardrobe. If you look at my previous post, you will see that there are two separate colour groups: navy with a touch of lemon and red; orange, green and brown. If necessary these can be mixed up, however there are enough permutations without doing so. For the final twelve, I've included colours that will work with the original eighteen items.

First of all, another four tops that are suitable for the daytime. This will give me a total of sixteen tops, so many of them will be worn twice over the 30 days, however by mixing them with different bottoms I can create different looks. Including the trousers in the second picture, I have five pairs of trousers, plus the red skirt for dressier occasions.


I decided to select a dressy top and skirt rather than a second dress. The top below them is winging its way to me, as I've just ordered it. Hopefully it will fit me and can be part of my capsule! Finally, a pair of navy and white cotton trousers.



I will be in Paris and then London on the last two days of August. Most of the items shown in the first pictures and in the previous post are suitable for summer days in Spain, however Paris and London may be totally different! The jumper and jacket in the next photo will be packed for my holiday, whereas the kimono jacket and dress shown below them are definitely more suitable for Spanish days and evenings.


Over the first four days of the challenge I have worn the following outfits:

Day 1: navy patterned trousers with orange top.
Day 2: striped dress, as we were out with friends for a birthday lunch.
Day 3. Next patterned top with green cotton trousers.
Day 4: green top with ochre linen trousers as shown below.

Day 4 outfit
My go-to outfit or "uniform" is a top and trousers, with a colourful or patterned top worn with straight leg or slim trousers as my preference. However I live in Spain and it's very hot here at the moment, so the four pieces below are being worn a lot, as they're very lightweight and loose-fitting - plus they dry quickly! My plan is to wear them when we travel from Alicante to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Paris by train, on the basis that the weather will be hot then. We will be returning to Paris after four days in London and will be renting an apartment in Paris for three nights, so I can then wash them for wearing at the end of the holiday. How's that for forward planning?! 

Did I mention that we're going by train from Paris to Zurich, then to Milan and finally Venice? I'm expecting it to be a lot warmer in Italy than it will be in London and Paris. We decided to fly back to Spain from Venice and will be putting our cases in the hold, so no worries about weight and liquid restrictions. After all we're going to be away for nearly three weeks, and I'll be celebrating a very special birthday, so this time we'll be travelling in style!





1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful holiday, Sue!
    You are staying true to your love of color and style choices...great flexibility here...
    Enjoy,
    Your sister in style,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete