Wednesday 23 April 2014

Holiday capsule for petites: Lands End

As you can see, I'm gradually weaning myself off the blue and grey capsules, with far more red (and even a splash of pink) in this holiday capsule for petites, based around Lands End clothes. After I temporarily abandoned my favourite petite supplier Wallis, I was delighted to discover that Lands End have a petite range as well and many of their trousers can be hemmed to suit the individual. Their prices are very reasonable too: the most expensive item in the capsule below is the blazer, which cost €150 originally but has been reduced to €76 at Debenhams.


I must admit that I check out reviews when buying on-line, especially when I know I'm going to have to pay postage if I return items. My favourite comment is: "this top is a bit too short" - as that usually means it will be perfect for me! Incidentally, the trousers on the left in the picture above are cropped, but they are a regular size rather than petite so the length would be just right. I'm wary of cropped trousers because, as with turn-ups and roll-ups, they can make petite ladies look even shorter.

So far, I haven't had any problems with purchases from Lands End and I love the fact that I can choose the perfect length  for me when I order trousers. I like their website as they give you lots of information about fit, fabrics, whether the clothes can be machine washed etc.

The top shown in the bottom right hand corner is art inspired therefore right on trend at the moment. As it only costs €14, it won't exactly break the bank if you decide that you want to look trendy. On the whole though Lands End are best for classic styles that won't date.

Like the previous capsules that I have created, the seven tops can be matched with both pairs of trousers giving you enough outfits for a two week holiday. You might want to include a skirt that will go with the tops or a dress for any evenings out.  If I was packing this capsule for a holiday, I would add a couple of scarves and necklaces to ring the changes, but you already knew that didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment